Body scrub: many benefits, all year round
With the arrival of the cold season, it is necessary to make the epidermis luminous by an in-depth cleaning. Here is an effective remedy against dull skin, which you can do comfortably at home by yourself.
Scrub: what is it and when to use it?
A scrub is a beauty treatment that has existed for over a thousand years. It has always been used to exfoliate, deeply clean the skin, remove residues and eliminate dead cells.
Scrub literally means “rub to clean”: the superficial layer of the epidermis is removed through the use of a substance rich in abrasive particles, leaving the skin smooth, elastic and velvety to the touch.
It is a simple and versatile treatment, perfect for every moment of the year, to include in your beauty routine if you want to have a skin that is always perfect.
- You can use it to prepare your body before a moisturizing or anti-age treatment so that the active ingredients come into contact directly with the deeper layers of the skin.
- You can use it to keep your tan longer. It seems a contradiction since the rubbing of such a grainy product on the skin can make one think that the tan will come off. Instead, using a body scrub after sun exposure helps to even out the colour of your skin.
- You can do it a few days before shaving (it is good both if you use waxing and razor) to avoid the appearance of annoying ingrown hairs.
How does a body scrub work?
The process is very simple and you can do it directly in the tub or in the shower. Wet your skin before you start, preferably with warm water: it will avoid scratching and irritation. Then:
- Apply the scrub making a gentle massage from the bottom up (it is not necessary to press too much).
- Spread the product on the skin in the opposite direction to circulation, in order to stimulate it.
- Insist on the more “rough” areas such as the knees, elbows and heels, and avoid the private parts.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water, then continue with your beauty routine.
After the treatment, don’t forget to moisturize your skin with a natural cream or lotion. That’s how you will get a perfect result.
How to do a face scrub?
The face needs an in-depth cleaning too. This is why it is important to act with a facial exfoliant to remove the residues that make-up and smog leave on the skin.
Remember to avoid the eye area, which is very delicate, and to insist more on areas rich in sebum such as nose, chin and forehead. The result? You will have luminous, elastic and perfect skin while limiting the formation of blackheads and pimples.
When to do a scrub?
To get the most out of this treatment, it is advisable to scrub once a week, at most two, depending on the type of skin (dry, sensitive, mixed, oily).